Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Glide Review: Band of Horses Live Hammerstein, NYC 8/10/11


 What up y'all?

Got a new review up on Glide

Go on, read it right c'here!!!!

It is of Band of Horses rippin' live show last Wednesday night at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. 

This was a last minute thing and big props to Jeff for grabbing the tickets (while I was actually wagering on real horses) last Friday.  The show was fantastic as the band was in sky high spirits and the crowd was just as stoked.  It almost had the feel of a fan club show as everyone was on the same wavelength.
 J Mascis opened.  I don't need to go much more into my love of J as it has been well documented around these parts...hell, my love of BOH has been talked about too, I am not sure why I was so surprised walking out of the venue, but I guess I was just forgotten how great they were... 
 (Pics from Brooklyn Vegan)
An excellent night of tunes, can't wait for the new album and need to make it a point to listen to that band more.  This along with Sonic Youth in Williamsburg last Friday night (no review from me, go here to L Magazine for a good one) made last week pure Boosh musically speaking. Enjoy some videos:
"No One's Gonna Love You"

 Opener "Infinite Arms"

"Islands On The Coast"
 Bonus Vid, SY from Friday:
"Death Valley '69"

No comments:

Post a Comment